I was thrilled to sit down and have a good yarn on a wellness podcast with Liven Proof about the modelling/food journey, which turned out to be pretty therapeutic!
You can find the link to it here.
Meanwhile, here’s a little summary of the main points:
- Growing up she never dieted or exercised, however when she began modelling in her early 20’s she adopted a daily 2-hour intense cardio session and restrictive dieting practices.
- She shares about her experience as an Indian model in Australia, and how she faced tremendous amount of rejection, as models of Indian origin were not favored there.
- Growing bored after finding quick success in her corporate career as a beauty editor and journalist living in Australia. As she quickly found success and wanted a new challenge
- Modeling was the only career path she pursued where she faced constant rejection and did not excel quickly, which further stoked her fire
- Her take on Instagram being a strong promoter of fad diets
- As a model – she shares her perspective on the idea of “skinny” equating to being a desirable level of health
- Her practice of intuitive eating – spiritual & psychological elements
- How we have become so accustomed to seeing ourselves through a filter that we struggle to be accepting of the beautiful reality of who we are.
- Her self-care practices which include: not following triggering IG accounts, no longer weighing herself.
- Feeling suppressed & restricted as a model in the fashion industry – and her rebellious response: disliked for talking too much, thinking too much, and wanting to change things
- She missed being mentally stimulated and resented needing to LOOK good all of the time. And began to rebel just to annoy the designers by eating the foods she actually wanted.
- How diets put both you mind + body in an unnatural state of confusion/shock and you’re unable to exercise your intuition or your bodies cues.
- Why she has stopped wearing makeup, not wanting to be attached to her physical appearance of her face and/or body
- The media does not encourage: developing your personality, being resilient, being kind or empathetic, being witty or funny.
I hope you enjoy this wellness podcast and that it gives you a bit more depth into my background!